Monday, April 16, 2007

Brandt Montgomery Gets Caught Reading

We recently caught Brandt Montgomery, Student Body President, reading Alabama in the Twentieth Century, by Wayne Flynt.


Carmichael Library: Why are you reading this book?

Brandt Montgomery: Even though I am a musician, history has always been one of my favorite interests. This past fall semester, I was fortunate to take a class entitled "History of Alabama" from UM history professor Ruth Truss. The course enhanced my interest in the history of our state, making this book the perfect choice. It is a great read for anyone wanting to pass the time.

Carmichael Library: How do you use your campus library?

Brandt Montgomery: I use the University library in a variety of ways. During my four years at Montevallo, I have come to the library primarily to study and to conduct research, mainly in the areas of history and music. I have also made use of the library by spending a considerable amount of time in the music section, looking over the countless scores that were once part of the Benejam Music Library in Davis Hall. I could live in a library for the rest of my life and not get bored one bit.


Stay tuned for the next episode of get caught reading. Btw, we're still taking nominations for faculty you'd like to see Get Caught Reading.

No comments: