Monday, April 13, 2015

National Library Week

Please join Carmichael Library in celebrating National Library Week, April 12 - 18, 2015. National Library Week is a time to pause and celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries and library workers and to promote library use. 

For me, the public library is like a home away from home.  I grew up spending hours in the local public library in rural Pennsylvania.  My mother returned to college when I was in third grade.  I spent hours in her college library while she was in class.  It is no wonder that I now work in a library!  Even after spending a long week working in the Carmichael Library, almost every weekend, I go to the Hoover Public Library.  I am in awe of all the good things a public library can add to the community. 

I hope you will watch this YouTube video and see and listen to how libraries can bring hope and happiness to a campus and community. 

I welcome you to share your story about how libraries have impacted your life. 





No comments: